Definition of calculated in English:
(Of an action) done with full awareness of the likely consequences: a calculated decision victims of vicious and calculated assaults
More example sentences
- The judge called the attempted robbery planned and calculated and said he had a duty to protect the public and vulnerable premises.
- The experience-its calculated mystery, its silliness-was fun, but the whole phenomenon begs the question: what for?
- ‘You took a pre-meditated, calculated and awful revenge,’ the judge told him.
- Example sentences
- You deliberately and calculatedly abused trust placed in you by pupils and staff.
- I've said that the old regime must be the only regime in the history of the world that deliberately, calculatedly, as a matter of policy, destroyed the skills base of the country's working class.
- They tend to be sceptical of extreme statements that call state institutions calculatedly inhumane.