Definition of calculated in English:
(Of an action) done with full awareness of the likely consequences: a calculated decision victims of vicious and calculated assaults
More example sentences
- The judge called the attempted robbery planned and calculated and said he had a duty to protect the public and vulnerable premises.
- The experience-its calculated mystery, its silliness-was fun, but the whole phenomenon begs the question: what for?
- ‘You took a pre-meditated, calculated and awful revenge,’ the judge told him.
- Example sentences
- You deliberately and calculatedly abused trust placed in you by pupils and staff.
- I've said that the old regime must be the only regime in the history of the world that deliberately, calculatedly, as a matter of policy, destroyed the skills base of the country's working class.
- They tend to be sceptical of extreme statements that call state institutions calculatedly inhumane.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan