verb[with object] Back to top
- Press in a calender.More example sentences
- After calendering, the media is slit into the desired tape width.
- Later refinements included calendered surfaces produced by passing sheets through rollers.
- The calendering process provides a uniformity of thickness that surpasses the uniformity achieved by extrusion.
late 15th century (as a verb): from French calendre (noun), calendrer (verb), of unknown origin.
More definitions of calenderDefinition of calender in:
- The British & World English dictionary