A Mediterranean plant of a genus that includes the common (or pot) marigold.
- Genus Calendula, family Compositae
More example sentences
- The calendula or pot marigold is a symbol of sunny days with good health, joy, and affection.
- These include sweet peas. calendulas, poppies and larkspur.
- Keep an eye out for them on clematis, calendulas, chrysanthemums and zinnias.
modern Latin, diminutive of calendae (see calends); perhaps because it flowers for most of the year.
Definition of calendula in:
- The British & World English dictionary