(also call signal)
- A message, code, or tune that is broadcast by radio to identify the broadcaster or transmitter.More example sentences
- This was the call sign of a Hamburg radio station which broadcast nightly news bulletins in English to the British people.
- The vocal quality of the kookaburra gave it the gig as the original call sign for Radio Australia in the days of short wave broadcasting.
- The FM radio decode feature uses radio data system information to relay the station call sign, song title, or artist, for display on the PC monitor.
More definitions of call signDefinition of call sign in:
- The British & World English dictionary