- A device that uses large electromagnets to separate uranium isotopes from uranium ore. It was developed in the 1940s to produce highly enriched weapons-grade uranium.More example sentences
- The invention is an ion source assembly for calutrons utilizing high vapor pressure elements.
- When his previous calutrons were discovered and destroyed, they hadn't even been finished.
- These were fed into calutrons for research purposes.
from Cal(ifornia) U(niversity) (cyclo)tron.
More definitions of calutronDefinition of calutron in:
- The British & World English dictionary