(also camel's hair)
Definition of camel hair in English:
1A fabric made from the hair of a camel: [as modifier]: a camel-hair coat
More example sentences
- All the designs come in materials ranging from camel hair, grain lambskin and flannel to wool and cashmere.
- He managed a thank you and split, passing through an eternity of camel-hair coats and herring bone patterns and big wide polka-dot ties.
- During those brief months, I developed an appreciation of the artistry with which he approached his work and a deep respect for the care he lavished on each pile of camel hair or alpaca that passed under his mechanized needle.
2 [usually as modifier] Fine, soft hair from a squirrel’s tail, used in artists' brushes.
- May I suggest a scroll of parchment inscribed with ink using a fine camel-hair brush, delivered to me by a caravan train of nomads riding a pace of finely groomed donkeys?
- The lithography tool of choice in the late 1950s was a camel-hair brush that operators used to paint wax gates.
- He may not be Harrison Ford, but neither is he a stereotypical academic spending his life kneeling in a trench with a camel-hair brush.
Definition of camel hair in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan