- A white, volatile, crystalline substance with an aromatic smell and bitter taste, occurring in certain essential oils.
More example sentences
- A terpenoid ketone; chemical formula: C10H16O
- This treatment is a solution of camphor, nitrogen, ammonium salts and ethanol.
- We suspect that the aromatic oils, camphor, menthol and eucalyptol, are responsible for the relief.
- Farjami, oppressed by the smell of camphor, which is used in the preparation of the body for burial, reminisces about the smell of jasmine, which brings to mind spring and fresh beginnings.
Middle English: from Old French camphore or medieval Latin camphora, from Arabic kāfūr, via Malay from Sanskrit karpūra.
More definitions of camphorDefinition of camphor in:
- The British & World English dictionary