Definition of campion in English:
A plant of the pink family, typically having pink or white flowers with notched petals, found in both Eurasia and North America.
- Genera Silene and Lychnis, family Caryophyllaceae
- As well as holding a huge range of grassland wild flowers, such as ox-eye daisies, poppies, campion and corn marigold, the nursery grows plants from wetland, upland and woodland habitats.
- There were still flowers in plenty, pink campion, toadflax, small blue scabious, honeysuckle, and six-inch mushrooms, inedible no doubt, but the blackberries were ripe and juicy enough to quench thirst.
- The white campion, Silene latifolia (previously Melandrium album), is a common eudicot weed found in both North America and Europe.
Definition of campion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan