Definition of campylobacter in English:
A bacterium that sometimes causes abortion in animals and food poisoning in humans.
- Genus Campylobacter: several species, in particular C. jejuni; curved or spiral Gram-negative bacteria
- The best known examples are the foodborne bacteria salmonella and campylobacter.
- The problems are caused by salmonella and campylobacter, a bacteria found in raw meats that leads to fever and stomach upsets.
- Results of infection by common bacteria such as salmonella, campylobacter and listeria can include vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhoea, or even death.
Definition of campylobacter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan