Definition of campylobacter in English:
A bacterium that sometimes causes abortion in animals and food poisoning in humans.
- Genus Campylobacter: several species, in particular C. jejuni; curved or spiral Gram-negative bacteria
- The best known examples are the foodborne bacteria salmonella and campylobacter.
- The problems are caused by salmonella and campylobacter, a bacteria found in raw meats that leads to fever and stomach upsets.
- Results of infection by common bacteria such as salmonella, campylobacter and listeria can include vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhoea, or even death.
Definition of campylobacter in:
- British & World English dictionary