Definition of canaliculus in English:
noun (plural canaliculi-ˌlī)Anatomy
A small channel or duct.
- The first step is to cannulate each canaliculus using a lacrimal duct probe.
- Close inspection of the scans revealed an enlarged inferior tympanic canaliculus, an absent vertical carotid canal, a vascular prominence over the promontory and a normal horizontal intrapetrous carotid canal.
- PPIs are lipophilic weak bases that cross the parietal cell membrane and enter the acidic parietal cell canaliculus.
- Example sentences
- Elastin synthesis is increased during the canalicular and saccular stage of fetal development and reaches a peak during alveolarization in the neonatal stage.
- Four histologic types are recognized: total, canalicular, exocrine, and endocrine heterotopia.
- Excess of these metabolites in the urine in obstetric cholestasis may be related to malfunction of biliary canalicular transporters normally responsible for their secretion from hepatocytes into bile.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan