Definition of candida in English:
A yeastlike, parasitic fungus that can sometimes cause thrush.
- Genus Candida, phylum Ascomycota, especially C. albicans
- Opportunistic bacteria, other parasites, fungi and candida, are threats whenever the healthy bacteria diminish.
- Other causes of bladder infections include parasites such as schistosomiasis (found in some hot countries), and fungi such as candida, which causes thrush.
- Fungi such as candida (which causes thrush) can also cause brain infections if they get into the brain or bloodstream.
Definition of candida in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.