Definition of candida in English:
A yeastlike, parasitic fungus that can sometimes cause thrush.
- Genus Candida, phylum Ascomycota, especially C. albicans
- Opportunistic bacteria, other parasites, fungi and candida, are threats whenever the healthy bacteria diminish.
- Other causes of bladder infections include parasites such as schistosomiasis (found in some hot countries), and fungi such as candida, which causes thrush.
- Fungi such as candida (which causes thrush) can also cause brain infections if they get into the brain or bloodstream.
Definition of candida in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia