- A yeastlike, parasitic fungus that can sometimes cause thrush.
More example sentences
- Genus Candida, phylum Ascomycota, especially C. albicans
- Opportunistic bacteria, other parasites, fungi and candida, are threats whenever the healthy bacteria diminish.
- Other causes of bladder infections include parasites such as schistosomiasis (found in some hot countries), and fungi such as candida, which causes thrush.
- Fungi such as candida (which causes thrush) can also cause brain infections if they get into the brain or bloodstream.
modern Latin, feminine of Latin candidus 'white'.
More definitions of candidaDefinition of candida in:
- The British & World English dictionary