A yeastlike, parasitic fungus that can sometimes cause thrush.
- Genus Candida, phylum Ascomycota, especially C. albicans
More example sentences
- Opportunistic bacteria, other parasites, fungi and candida, are threats whenever the healthy bacteria diminish.
- Other causes of bladder infections include parasites such as schistosomiasis (found in some hot countries), and fungi such as candida, which causes thrush.
- Fungi such as candida (which causes thrush) can also cause brain infections if they get into the brain or bloodstream.
modern Latin, feminine of Latin candidus 'white'.
Definition of candida in:
- The British & World English dictionary