Definition of candlenut in English:
An evergreen tree of the spurge family, with large seeds that yield an oil used for lighting and other purposes, native to Southeast Asia and the South Pacific islands. Also called candleberry.
- Aleurites moluccana, family Euphorbiaceae
- In a food processor, purée the lemongrass, garlic, turmeric, galangal, ginger, candlenuts, onion, chilies, and blachan.
- The classic Peranakan dish of chicken cooked with tar-black stuffed candlenuts is unbelievably delicious.
- They are recommended as a substitute in Indonesian recipes for candlenuts, which are more difficult to obtain in the West.
Definition of candlenut in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan