1An apple coated with a thin layer of cooked sugar or caramel and fixed on a stick.
- He took out a candy apple and gave it to Zaria.
- The vocals smack of sweetness and light while the guitars as are as crunchy as a candy apple.
- It's so good, just like the candy apples at the fair, except with caramel.
1.1 (also candy-apple red) A bright red color.
- I was searching, fruitlessly, for a VW bus that didn't smell like pot or conk out on the test drive, when I happened upon an incredible, candy-apple red Karmann Ghia.
- Pippen's candy-apple red Nikes were so ugly even usually mild-mannered David Robinson winced and asked, ‘When are you going to take those things off?’
- There was Haran, in a brand new, candy-apple red Corvett.
Definition of candy apple in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.