Definition of candy apple in English:
1An apple coated with a thin layer of cooked sugar or caramel and fixed on a stick.
- He took out a candy apple and gave it to Zaria.
- The vocals smack of sweetness and light while the guitars as are as crunchy as a candy apple.
- It's so good, just like the candy apples at the fair, except with caramel.
1.1 (also candy-apple red) A bright red color.
- I was searching, fruitlessly, for a VW bus that didn't smell like pot or conk out on the test drive, when I happened upon an incredible, candy-apple red Karmann Ghia.
- Pippen's candy-apple red Nikes were so ugly even usually mild-mannered David Robinson winced and asked, ‘When are you going to take those things off?’
- There was Haran, in a brand new, candy-apple red Corvett.
Definition of candy apple in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia