(Of material or a garment) patterned with alternating stripes of white and another color, typically pink.
- More colour was on offer at the ever-adventurous Japanese house Issey Miyake, which ended its carefully choreographed show with grass green, turquoise and fluorescent orange either in blocks or in candy-striped suits.
- I saw Sienna Miller wearing a candy-striped dress by him earlier this year, which I loved - if I hadn't already bought my wedding dress, I would have tried to get something similar.
- A little showman in a candy-striped jacket and straw hat is dancing before an audience composed entirely of shrouded skeletons.
candy-stripe adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- It's allegedly a work-shirt, but has big blue and green candy-stripes on a white background, French cuffs and a collar too loose on me to really wear a tie.
- He accessorised them with candy-stripe shirts and flip-flops - just the thing to wear when seeing your banker in Goa.
- Underneath, cool, relaxed candy-stripe silk shirts given an ultra masculine/feminine take on this season's essential striped shirt or fine lambs wool knitwear pieces are worn.
Definition of candy-striped in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.