Definition of candy-striped in English:
(Of material or a garment) patterned with alternating stripes of white and another color, typically pink.
- More colour was on offer at the ever-adventurous Japanese house Issey Miyake, which ended its carefully choreographed show with grass green, turquoise and fluorescent orange either in blocks or in candy-striped suits.
- I saw Sienna Miller wearing a candy-striped dress by him earlier this year, which I loved - if I hadn't already bought my wedding dress, I would have tried to get something similar.
- A little showman in a candy-striped jacket and straw hat is dancing before an audience composed entirely of shrouded skeletons.
candy-stripe adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- It's allegedly a work-shirt, but has big blue and green candy-stripes on a white background, French cuffs and a collar too loose on me to really wear a tie.
- He accessorised them with candy-stripe shirts and flip-flops - just the thing to wear when seeing your banker in Goa.
- Underneath, cool, relaxed candy-stripe silk shirts given an ultra masculine/feminine take on this season's essential striped shirt or fine lambs wool knitwear pieces are worn.
Definition of candy-striped in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia