nounNorth American • informal
- A teenage girl who does volunteer nursing in a hospital.More example sentences
- I barely acknowledged smiles from orderlies, candy-stripers and nurses that recognized me.
- And it's a job a motivated candy-striper could handle.
- He spotted a candy-striper coming out of one of the rooms, holding a stack of towels in one arm and trying to balance them while she reached behind her to close the door.
so named because of the candy-striped uniforms of such nurses.
More definitions of candy-striperDefinition of candy-striper in:
- The British & World English dictionary