A European plant with small heads of white, pink, or purple flowers, often cultivated as a garden plant.
- Genus Iberis, family Brassicaceae
More example sentences
- Evergreen candytuft and Liriope remain green, while wintergreen and Epimedium turn bronze or purple-red.
- Plant several poppies as your tall center flowers, then add colorful snapdragons or blue salvia, candytuft, pansies, and sweet alyssum or Dusty Miller to fill out your container.
- Clip back aubretias, arabis and perennial candytufts when they have finished flowering.
early 17th century: from Candy (obsolete form of Candia, former name of Crete) + tuft.
Definition of candytuft in:
- The British & World English dictionary