Definition of candytuft in English:
A European plant with small heads of white, pink, or purple flowers, often cultivated as a garden plant.
- Genus Iberis, family Brassicaceae
- Evergreen candytuft and Liriope remain green, while wintergreen and Epimedium turn bronze or purple-red.
- Plant several poppies as your tall center flowers, then add colorful snapdragons or blue salvia, candytuft, pansies, and sweet alyssum or Dusty Miller to fill out your container.
- Clip back aubretias, arabis and perennial candytufts when they have finished flowering.
early 17th century: from Candy (obsolete form of Candia, former name of Crete) + tuft.
Definition of candytuft in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan