noun (plural canneries)
- A factory where food is canned.More example sentences
- It's coming to the end, the factories and canneries slowly sink into the grit.
- She worked for years in the berry fields of Oregon as well as in local canneries and frozen food processing plants.
- Foreign-born women staffed canneries, textile mills, and garment factories and worked as cooks and child-care providers for middle-class Americans.
More definitions of canneryDefinition of cannery in:
- The British & World English dictionary