- A long, tube-shaped bone in the lower leg of a horse or other large quadruped, between the fetlock and the knee or hock.More example sentences
- Mirage, suffering a fracture to his cannon bone and fetlock joint, was euthanized.
- Jason Oliver was tossed headfirst in front of Savage Cabbage when the horse broke a cannon bone and fell before skidding along the track with the jockey trapped under him.
- The third and fourth metapodials in fore and hind feet are fused to form a single bone, the cannon bone, which is considerably elongated.
More definitions of cannon boneDefinition of cannon bone in:
- The British & World English dictionary