- 1Of or relating to a cantor.More example sentences
- Akerman recites this text against a background of the traditional cantorial melody for Kol Nidre, a prayer for Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.
- Then check out trumpeter Frank London's Invocations, which tackles that most intense of Jewish music traditions, cantorial singing, through London's horn.
- Bloch found his inspiration for this work in Jewish life and finds his musical material in the form of cantorial chant and Yiddish folk song.
- 1.1Relating to or denoting the north side of the choir of a church, the side on which the cantor sits. The opposite of decanal.
More definitions of cantorialDefinition of cantorial in:
- The British & World English dictionary