- A layer of hard, impervious rock overlying and often sealing in a deposit of oil, gas, or coal.More example sentences
- In some instances the alteration is so intense that all that remains of the host is a porous siliceous cap rock.
- The cap rock of some domes contains economic concentrations of sulfur that are extracted as a melt by the Frasch Process.
- Both species occur in the uppermost cap rock layer of the Upper Albian Boracho Formation northeast of Ft. Stockton, Pecos County, Texas.
More definitions of cap rockDefinition of cap rock in:
- The British & World English dictionary