Definition of capacitance in English:
1The ability of a system to store an electric charge.
- The planar spiral wound conductive traces are further preferably suspended over the ground plane of the RF module substrate by micromachining underlying substrate material away to thereby reduce parasitic capacitances.
- The slew rate of one or more edge transitions associated with the output signal are controlled using one or more parasitic capacitances associated with the fabrication of two or more cascode connected MOS devices.
- Megakaryocyte capacitances were in the range of 64-694 pF, equivalent to 500-5500 platelets.
1.1The ratio of the change in an electric charge in a system to the corresponding change in its electric potential. (Symbol: C)
- For the lowest noise, you should try to select a PD with maximum shunt resistance and low capacitance.
- The metal plates extend substantially vertically through the thicker dielectric material separating the interconnect layers, to provide a relatively high capacitance per unit of surface consumed.
- A bilayer electrophysiological setup allowed for measurements of membrane conductance and capacitance.
Definition of capacitance in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan