- A system of physical discipline and movement originating among Brazilian slaves, treated as a martial art and dance form.More example sentences
- Joseph's - slow, formal, and pristinely beautiful - is based on the Brazilian martial arts form capoeira.
- Washington incorporates a range of movement idioms - acrobatics, African dance, capoeira and social dancing - but always with an eye toward line, height and pinpoint accuracy.
- It takes five minutes to absorb the sort of movement Elkins devises: a mix of modern dance, martial arts like aikido and capoeira, hip-hop, and maneuvers from contact improvisation.
More definitions of capoeiraDefinition of capoeira in:
- The British & World English dictionary