Attract and hold the interest and attention of; charm: he was captivated by her beauty
More example sentences
- It's a moment of truth where we enter a dream-like state and the individual we have fallen in love with, captivates our attention completely.
- This is probably what economically captivates Moscow's attention.
- If it is the carvings in their pristine charm that captivates the heart of an art lover, certainly it is the power of the deity that pulls the believer.
- More example sentences
- Indeed, all of Graham's proud, flawed characters are stunningly and utterly flawed, and they steal the reader's captivation.
- While the plot is said to be more complicated than before, the enhanced special effects are expected to maintain the captivation of children and adults alike.
- Hewitt's captivation with nature and with the landscape is aptly supported in the following poem privately published in 1956.