Attract and hold the interest and attention of; charm: he was captivated by her beauty
More example sentences
- It's a moment of truth where we enter a dream-like state and the individual we have fallen in love with, captivates our attention completely.
- This is probably what economically captivates Moscow's attention.
- If it is the carvings in their pristine charm that captivates the heart of an art lover, certainly it is the power of the deity that pulls the believer.
- Example sentences
- Indeed, all of Graham's proud, flawed characters are stunningly and utterly flawed, and they steal the reader's captivation.
- While the plot is said to be more complicated than before, the enhanced special effects are expected to maintain the captivation of children and adults alike.
- Hewitt's captivation with nature and with the landscape is aptly supported in the following poem privately published in 1956.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.