A long-legged lynxlike cat with black tufted ears and a uniform brown coat, native to Africa and western Asia. Also called African lynx.
- Felis caracal, family Felidae
More example sentences
- Besides leopards, the society claims Britain may also be home to wild pumas and other exotic felines such as lynx and caracals that have either escaped from or been deliberately released from zoos and private collections.
- We'd seen leopards and even lions run from hyenas, but the caracal stood her ground.
- The birds are often poisoned when they pick up shreds of meat, which farmers put out to kill jackals and caracals.
Definition of caracal in:
- The British & World English dictionary