1A golden-yellow juicy fruit with a star-shaped cross section. Also called star fruit.
- The carambola, or five-finger fruit, has a mild but sweet taste, and a thinnish skin.
- Star fruit - or carambola as it's also known - is just the ticket.
- There are the kiwi fruit, watery rose apple, carambola, passion fruit, eggfruit, figs, strawberry guava, lovi lovi, mangostein, pomegranate.
2The small tropical tree which bears the carambola fruits.
- Averrhoa carambola, family Oxalidaceae
- Carambola, a small tree or shrub, is thought to be native to Java or other parts of Indonesia, and perhaps also Sri Lanka.
- If you are growing custard apples, bananas, sapodillas and carambolas, they could all do with a dressing of citrus and fruit tree fertiliser spread evenly around under the leaf canopy.
- Carambolas can be severely damaged by flooding.
Words that rhyme with carambolaAngola, barbola, bipolar, bowler, bronchiolar, canola, circumpolar, coaler, Coca-Cola, cola, comptroller, consoler, controller, Ebola, eidola, extoller, Finola, Gorgonzola, granola, Hispaniola, kola, Lola, lunisolar, mandola, molar, multipolar, Ndola, patroller, payola, pianola, polar, roller, Savonarola, scagliola, scroller, sola, solar, stroller, tombola, Tortola, troller, Vignola, viola, Zola
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.