A colorless crystalline substance obtained from coal tar, used in dye production.
- A tricyclic heteroaromatic compound; chemical formula: C12H9N
More example sentences
- Sections were first incubated in buffer containing 3-amino - 9-ethyl carbazole and subsequently for 2 h following the addition of peroxidase and either Put (for DAO) or Spd (for PAO).
- For this purpose we examined N-indolyl lipids like those shown in Fig.1, which like the related carbazole-labeled lipids position the fluorescent group deep within the bilayer interior.
- Certain molecules such as 1-naphthol, its derivatives, and carbazole show remarkable enhancement in their acidity in the excited singlet state.
Definition of carbazole in:
- The British & World English dictionary