- A fine carbon powder used as a pigment, made by burning hydrocarbons in insufficient air.More example sentences
- It includes a small amount of carbon black, a fine soot, to block radiation from heating and softening the inside of the material.
- Similar effects have been shown following inhalation of ultrafine but not fine carbon black.
- The palette for fresco painting is traditionally restricted to earths, lime white, carbon black, ultramarine, and glass.
More definitions of carbon blackDefinition of carbon black in:
- The British & World English dictionary