- The counteracting of carbon dioxide emissions with an equivalent reduction of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.More example sentences
- I foresee a sweaty dystopia in which you will have to engage in carbon offsetting every time you make a trip to Waitrose.
- However, neither carbon offsetting nor individual lifestyle changes will halt climate change.
- Carbon offsetting allows people to compensate for the greenhouse gas emissions by purchasing credits from pollution-reduction projects.
More definitions of carbon offsettingDefinition of carbon offsetting in:
- The British & World English dictionary