noun (plural carbonados)
- A dark opaque diamond, used in abrasives and cutting tools. Compare with bort.More example sentences
- Large Brazilian carbonados include the Carbonado Casco de Barro, Carbonado do Sergio, and Carbonado Xique-Xique.
- Heaney and Vicenzi both work with rare diamonds known as carbonados, which are found only in Brazil and central Africa.
- Black or gray-black, massive, granular to compact bort is known as carbonado.
mid 19th century: from Portuguese.
More definitions of carbonadoDefinition of carbonado in:
- The British & World English dictionary