- A rich beef stew made with onions and beer.More example sentences
- Coq au vin, beef in barolo, beef carbonnade (cooked in beer), clams in sherry, sherry trifle… bring them on.
- The five-course repast includes chestnuts, Yorkshire pudding, carbonnade of beef and beer cheeses.
- From France, we had quiches, bouillabaisse, omelettes, crêpes, cassoulet, carbonnade de boeuf, boeuf bourgignon, coq au vin, brioche, tarte de pomme, ratatouille, and every sort of sweet or dessert you could imagine.
mid 17th century (denoting a piece of meat or fish cooked on hot coals): from French, from Latin carbo, carbon- 'coal, charcoal'.
More definitions of carbonnadeDefinition of carbonnade in:
- The British & World English dictionary