- A tumor of a type occurring in the glands of the intestine (especially the appendix) or in the bronchi, and abnormally secreting hormones.More example sentences
- Sarcomas are the most common neoplasm, followed by carcinoids and adenocarcinomas.
- The current names used for this group of tumors are tumorlets, carcinoids, atypical carcinoids, large cell carcinomas with neuroendocrine features, and small cell carcinomas.
- Although appendiceal carcinoids are potentially lethal neoplasms, tumor eradication is usually feasible and effective.
More definitions of carcinoidDefinition of carcinoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary