- A tall scarlet-flowered lobelia found in North America.
More example sentences
- Lobelia cardinalis, family Campanulaceae
- Plants like cattails, bulrushes, jewelweed, and the lovely cardinal flower do best with alternating wet and dry periods, and survive flooding as long as most of the leaves are out of the water.
- Blue lobelia is more shade- and drought- tolerant than cardinal flower, but both appreciate a targeted drink of water in dry stretches, especially when grown in full sun.
- You can also achieve this effect by planting moisture lovers, such as cardinal flower and Japanese iris, in a bucket or a washtub or by using heavy polyethylene plastic instead of a pond liner.
More definitions of cardinal flowerDefinition of cardinal flower in:
- The British & World English dictionary