- Short-stapled pieces of wool that result from the carding process, spun and woven to make standard-quality fabrics. Compare with combing wool.More example sentences
- The fibre length measurement "Length After Carding" (LAC) is introduced as a means of assessing the mean fibre length of clean carding wool.
- The exact question is whether section 18 includes in the term 'clothing wool' long staple or combing wool as well as short staple or carding wool.
- Shorter fibers employed for yarns used in soft, woven fabrics are known as carding wool.
More definitions of carding woolDefinition of carding wool in:
- The British & World English dictionary