Definition of cardoon in English:
A tall thistlelike southern European plant related to the globe artichoke, with leaves and roots that may be used as vegetables.
- Cynaracardunculus, family Compositae
- A tabletop glows with help from simple arrangements of gilded eucalyptus leaves, allium seed heads, poppy pods, and a cardoon.
- But there are also edible species of biennial, including carrots, parsley, parsnips and globe artichoke or cardoon.
- As a wild plant, the cardoon is notably persistent and fast-spreading.
Words that rhyme with cardoonafternoon, attune, autoimmune, baboon, balloon, bassoon, bestrewn, boon, Boone, bridoon, buffoon, Cameroon, Cancún, cartoon, Changchun, cocoon, commune, croon, doubloon, dragoon, dune, festoon, galloon, goon, harpoon, hoon, immune, importune, impugn, Irgun, jejune, June, Kowloon, lagoon, lampoon, loon, macaroon, maroon, monsoon, moon, Muldoon, noon, oppugn, picayune, platoon, poltroon, pontoon, poon, prune, puccoon, raccoon, Rangoon, ratoon, rigadoon, rune, saloon, Saskatoon, Sassoon, Scone, soon, spittoon, spoon, swoon, Troon, tune, tycoon, typhoon, Walloon
Definition of cardoon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.