A tall thistlelike southern European plant related to the globe artichoke, with leaves and roots that may be used as vegetables.
- Cynaracardunculus, family Compositae
More example sentences
- A tabletop glows with help from simple arrangements of gilded eucalyptus leaves, allium seed heads, poppy pods, and a cardoon.
- But there are also edible species of biennial, including carrots, parsley, parsnips and globe artichoke or cardoon.
- As a wild plant, the cardoon is notably persistent and fast-spreading.
Definition of cardoon in:
- The British & World English dictionary