Definition of caribou in English:
noun (plural same or caribous)North American
A large North American reindeer.
- Genus Rangifer: several species, in particular the woodland caribou (R. caribou) and the barren ground caribou (R. tarandus)
- Large artiodactyls such as the caribou inhabit subarctic forests.
- In such a vast park there are only a few hundreds of wild animals which include the jackal, the fox, the dall sheep, the caribou and the moose.
- Scientists say the decline of the Porcupine caribou herd in Alaska and the Yukon may be linked to global warming.
Definition of caribou in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.