Definition of caribou in English:
noun (plural same or caribous)North American
A large North American reindeer.
- Genus Rangifer: several species, in particular the woodland caribou (R. caribou) and the barren ground caribou (R. tarandus)
- Large artiodactyls such as the caribou inhabit subarctic forests.
- In such a vast park there are only a few hundreds of wild animals which include the jackal, the fox, the dall sheep, the caribou and the moose.
- Scientists say the decline of the Porcupine caribou herd in Alaska and the Yukon may be linked to global warming.
Definition of caribou in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan