- An Italian hors d’oeuvre consisting of thin slices of raw beef or fish served with a sauce.More example sentences
- It's a trendy, feminine bar with plush red decor, cocktails, carpaccio of beef salad and all sorts of desserts involving strawberries.
- We arrived with good memories of a truffled beef carpaccio, a delicious tender steak and a waitress who bought us free wine as an apology for being slow (even though we hadn't even noticed).
- Italian cuisine brings out the real flavor of the ingredients, whether it is veal, chicken, tomatoes, olives, olive oil, mozzarella, lemon or carpaccio (thinly sliced raw beef).
Italian, named after Vittore Carpaccio (see Carpaccio, Vittore) (from his use of red pigments, resembling raw meat).
More definitions of carpaccioDefinition of carpaccio in:
- The British & World English dictionary