Definition of carpal in English:
Relating to the bones forming the human carpus (wrist), or to their equivalent in an animal’s forelimb. See carpus.
- You have a slight fracture in your lower left arm as well as sprained meta carpals and carpals.
- The transverse carpal (Karpos is a wrist in Greek) ligament keeps the tendons of the long bending muscles of the fingers and the median nerve from breaking free from the wrist bones.
- Therefore, one or more unpreserved carpals were probably present, as has been previously suggested.
nounBack to top
Any of the carpal bones.
- Chiropractors treat ‘Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ‘with the adjustment of the wrist to align the carpal bones back into their proper place.’
- There are eight carpal bones in the wrist, five metacarpals, and 14 nonsesamoid bones that comprise the phalanges.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when tissues and ligaments in the carpal tunnel of the wrist become thickened, swollen or inflamed and put excessive pressure on the median nerve, which passes through the tunnel.
Words that rhyme with carpalcarpel
Definition of carpal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.