A large ant that burrows into wood to nest.
- Genus Camponotus, family Formicidae: numerous species
More example sentences
- In order to trace genetic changes they then compared the B. pennsylvanicus genome to the sequence from a related carpenter ant, B. floridanus.
- We shall use these badly needed funds for the dentist, and for such luxuries as killing the carpenter ant infestation, and for paying off the tax guy.
- They will kill all your fire ants and carpenter ants and termites.
Definition of carpenter ant in:
- The British & World English dictionary