Definition of carpet shark in English:
A relatively small shallow-water shark with barbels around the nose or mouth and typically with a conspicuous color pattern. It is found in the Indo-Pacific region and the Red Sea.
- Family Orectolobidae: Orectolobus and other genera, and several species
- I did see a wobbegong or carpet shark but I was out of film as usual.
- I know it's not the stuff of heroes, being bitten by a ‘carpet shark‘.
- The man, 22, was snorkelling on a reef off Caves Beach near Newcastle when the carpet shark attacked his leg.
Definition of carpet shark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.