Definition of carpet shark in English:
A relatively small shallow-water shark with barbels around the nose or mouth and typically with a conspicuous color pattern. It is found in the Indo-Pacific region and the Red Sea.
- Family Orectolobidae: Orectolobus and other genera, and several species
- I did see a wobbegong or carpet shark but I was out of film as usual.
- I know it's not the stuff of heroes, being bitten by a ‘carpet shark‘.
- The man, 22, was snorkelling on a reef off Caves Beach near Newcastle when the carpet shark attacked his leg.
Definition of carpet shark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan