A traveling bag of a kind originally made of carpeting or carpetlike material.
- ‘He's never told me,’ another voice spoke up and we turned to see Mai approaching, a small carpet bag slung over her shoulder.
- Clutching her carpet bag tightly, Anne walked over to a nearby motel.
- Following that, she wrapped a thin cloak around her shoulders, picked up the carpet bag into which she had stuffed some clothing and slipped out into the freezing night.
Act as a carpetbagger: (as adjective carpetbagging) rich, carpetbagging developers
More example sentences
- Her carpet-bagging defeat of an unready, ill-prepared opponent may have proved her electability, but it was a risk-free run in one of the most left-liberal states in the country.
- Marc McSharry and Barry Duignan play the debonair students, Michael Roper the money-chasing, carpet-bagging uncle.
- It is also caught between the worst of two political systems: a corrupt, crippled and haltingly reactive Federation and carpet-bagging capitalism.
Definition of carpetbag in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.