Definition of carpeting in English:
1Carpets collectively: offices with wall-to-wall carpeting
More example sentences
- The church floor was carpeted in mottled wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Though wall-to-wall carpeting is the least costly floor option, carpets are harder to keep clean and harbor smells.
- With wall-to-wall white carpeting and ceiling-to-floor flowered curtains running along two sides of the room, the place had a homey ambience.
1.1The fabric from which carpets are made.
- Flooring consists of linoleum and non-PVC-backed carpeting.
- The mauve plush carpeting felt good as my toes wriggled back and forth in it.
- For instance, broadloom carpeting may run $20 per yard, and the going rate for installation might be around $5 per yard.
Words that rhyme with carpetingtrumpeting
Definition of carpeting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan