- Any of various dicotyledonous, usually succulent plants that typically grow in warm, sandy regions.
More example sentences
- Family Aizoaceae, order Caryophyllales: several genera and species, in particular Mollugo verticillata, a North American weed with small whitish flowers; like many of the carpetweeds, it is prostrate and forms a dense mat on the ground
- Her acknowledgement of purslane as an introduced species suggests that the similar carpetweed was also viewed by her as an ‘alien’ species introduced to the area.
- Somewhere is a reference indicating that carpetweed is not a serious competitor to desirable plants.
- In this research, carpetweed was the most susceptible to vinegar applications.