Definition of carrion crow in English:
1A medium-sized, typically all-black crow that is common throughout much of Eurasia.
- Corvus corone, family Corvidae. See also hooded crow
- In much of Ireland and Scotland, our carrion crow is replaced by the grey-and-black hooded crow; in the border zones, the two species inter-breed.
- The side-blotched lizard, and the carrion crow (Corvus corone corone) are among the animals revealed by researchers to possess a social behavior.
- This is the hooded crow, which is only a carrion crow, at least as far as bird scientists are concerned.
Definition of carrion crow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.