- 1A North American climbing plant with small white flowers that smell of decaying flesh.
More example sentences
- Genus Smilax: several species, in particular S. herbacea
- As a group, members of the genus Trillium are commonly known as trillium, wakerobin, toadshade, squawroot, or carrion flower and they have recently gained interest as garden plants.
- The carrion flowers are cactuslike succulents with four-angled, coarsely toothed, spineless stems.
- The carrion flowers are striking, often measuring over 6 inches across, and are covered with fine hair.
- 2 another term for stapelia.More example sentences
- The real carrion flowers are Stapelia species, succulent plants from the dryer regions of tropical Africa and India.
- Stapelia spp. are known as carrion flowers, superficially like cacti, but on no way related.
- Known globally as African starfish flowers or locally as carrion flowers, members of the genus Stapelia are usually characterized by their foul-smelling flowers reminiscent of the odour of rotting meat.
More definitions of carrion flowerDefinition of carrion flower in:
- The British & World English dictionary