Definition of carsick in English:
Affected with nausea caused by the motion of a car or other vehicle in which one is traveling.
- Since childhood, I've been the carsick passenger whose stomach churns in nauseous waves that turn my face a bilious green.
- The jiggling and swaying of the cab along with the gasoline smell leaking through the vent was getting to me and, for a while, I thought I might be carsick.
- Lately Millie's been carsick quite a bit and my brainstorming on what I should pack in order to clean up any accidents while travelling has made me feel rather gloomy.
- Example sentences
- Alternatively, the pomelo peel can be preserved with sugar and made into soup, which is an efficacious drug for carsickness.
- It evokes the vague nausea of carsickness.
- My mother would talk about her own childhood journeys to Alexandra, hours spent in the company car on unsealed roads, following the scenery and the road signs with her eyes and waiting for the inevitable carsickness.
Words that rhyme with carsickataraxic • heartsick
Definition of carsick in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan