- A collection of documents and evidence relating to a particular legal case: she discusses a court case without referring to the case fileMore example sentences
- Its painstaking attention to detail could only have come from the author pawing over endless FBI case files.
- Should electronic case files be protected from unlimited public disclosure, or should they be treated the same as paper files?
- Police case files often contain conflicting or inaccurate information.
More definitions of case fileDefinition of case file in:
- The British & World English dictionary