- 1A process or record of research in which detailed consideration is given to the development of a particular person, group, or situation over a period of time.More example sentences
- Within an extended case-study research design framework, information is based on interviews with manufacturing firms and related organizations in British Columbia.
- Such case-study research uses a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- In the present case-study report, we have demonstrated how induced sputum can assist in the evaluation and diagnosis of suspected occupational lung diseases.
- 2A particular instance of something used or analyzed in order to illustrate a thesis or principle: airline deregulation provides a case study of the effects of the internal marketMore example sentences
- The case study also illustrates the level of distrust and fear felt by some users of message boards.
- And the Netherlands provides a good case study of managing the geographical resources in the area.
- For those contemplating a legislative grand gesture, France provides a sobering case study.
More definitions of case studyDefinition of case study in:
- The British & World English dictionary