- The main protein present in milk and (in coagulated form) in cheese. It is used in processed foods and in adhesives, paints, and other industrial products.More example sentences
- The curd contains the main milk protein, casein, and the milk fat.
- You will need to read all food labels as dairy turns up in many disguises, eg, whey, lactose, skimmed milk powder, casein, milk protein.
- In addition, the enzymes that are naturally present in these bacteria begin breaking down the milk protein, casein.
mid 19th century: from Latin caseus 'cheese'.
More definitions of caseinDefinition of casein in:
- The British & World English dictionary