A crop produced for its commercial value rather than for use by the grower.
More example sentences
- Where adapted, it is unmatched by any other forage as a feed for livestock, as a cash crop, and as an energy-efficient crop.
- Also consider your need for extra alfalfa or its value as a cash crop.
- Biofuel offers a cash crop for farmers and a way for communities to take control of their energy needs while helping the environment and decreasing dependence on foreign oil.
- More example sentences
- Most ni-Vanuatu are subsistence farmers who do cash cropping on the side.
- Similar developments have been noted in other parts of Africa, in some cases as a result of state policy to develop rural agriculture through the introduction of cash cropping.
- Since the introduction of cash crops to Kenya, a gendered division of farming has relegated women to subsistence farming and men to cash cropping.
Definition of cash crop in:
- The British & World English dictionary