Definition of cash crop in English:
A crop produced for its commercial value rather than for use by the grower.
- Where adapted, it is unmatched by any other forage as a feed for livestock, as a cash crop, and as an energy-efficient crop.
- Also consider your need for extra alfalfa or its value as a cash crop.
- Biofuel offers a cash crop for farmers and a way for communities to take control of their energy needs while helping the environment and decreasing dependence on foreign oil.
cash cropping noun
- Example sentences
- Most ni-Vanuatu are subsistence farmers who do cash cropping on the side.
- Similar developments have been noted in other parts of Africa, in some cases as a result of state policy to develop rural agriculture through the introduction of cash cropping.
- Since the introduction of cash crops to Kenya, a gendered division of farming has relegated women to subsistence farming and men to cash cropping.
Definition of cash crop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia