Definition of cashmere in English:
1Fine soft wool, originally that from the Kashmir goat.
- I do not have experience dyeing wool, cashmere, angora, or other similar hair fibers, so I cannot speak directly.
- The Alpaca fleece is soft as cashmere but warmer, lighter and stronger than wool and it comes in many natural colours.
- There are dyes for wool & cashmere that generally require hot water - even on top of the stove application.
1.1Woolen material made from or resembling cashmere: [as modifier]: a cashmere sweater
More example sentences
- Her woollen coats and cashmere dresses were technically brilliant.
- A medium height woman with bright and vivid red hair, and gray eyes, dressed in a light blue cashmere sweater and blue denim jeans, came to stand before me, hand thrust forwards in greeting.
- Be warned, as simple as cashmere sweaters may look, they can come with a serious price tag.
late 17th century: an early spelling of Kashmir.
Definition of cashmere in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan